I created this printable graphic regarding some of the suggestions the Eating Disorders Association of Ireland provides to parents:
- Learn as much as you can about your child’s eating disorder.
- Talk about your concerns and feelings openly and honestly.
- Understand that it may take time for everyone – your child, your family, and you yourself, to regain trust.
- Try to focus on feelings instead of food, weight, etc.
- Remember that success is not 100% compliance – relapse is not a failure – it is a step towards successful recovery.