We read books about leadership, management, psychology, behavior, parenting and all types of topics, and then we apply what we learn to parenting a child with an eating disorder. We believe that working from different disciplines can help us grow as parents.
- I just really want it to stop! How to get your teenager to get over their eating disorder, inspired by Leadership and Self-Deception
- Rethinking eating disorders as misguided life savers trying to help us, not beasts trying to attack us, based on the book “Eating in the Light of the Moon,” by Dr. Anita Johnston
- Get Out of My Life, but First Could You Drive Me & Cheryl to the Mall: A Parent’s Guide to the New Teenager, Revised and Updated, by Anthony E. Wolf
- Thoughts on Adolescent Daughters Inspired by “Reviving Ophelia” by Mary Pipher, Ph.D.
- Understanding and working with your child’s brain when battling an eating disorder – thoughts from the book The Whole-Brain Child
- Level 5 Leadership when parenting a child who has an eating disorder
- Focus on Your Child’s Strengths, not Weaknesses, to Help Her Heal
- Using concepts from Emotional Intelligence to help your teen with an eating disorder