When someone you love is struggling, it’s natural to want to reach out and “do” something. But, of course, there’s often not a whole lot we can do when someone is struggling with a mental health condition. This is where care packages can help. A thoughtful care package is a nice way to send some love to someone and let them know you are thinking about them.
This is a very simple, very sweet little care package that you can send to someone who is in eating disorder treatment, a parent who you know is struggling to help their child recover from an eating disorder, someone who has anxiety, or really anyone who deserves some extra love right now.
The More-Love Sending Love Care Package is a great way for you to send love to someone. It includes:
- Personalized note: send us a brief note and we will add it to the care package. You can keep it simple with something like “Love, Mom,” or say a little more, like “Sweetie, I miss you so much and I’m thinking about you every day. Love, Mom.”
- Luscious hand lotion: a great form of self-care for anxious minds is a hand massage. This lotion is sweetly scented and will help your loved one remember to take some time to hold their own hand during this difficult time.
- Aromatherapy roll-on: our sense of smell can be a great way to invite relaxation. This roll-on aromatherapy blend is designed to be used anytime, anywhere, for some quick calming scents.
- Stress-relieving putty: when we’re stressed, it often helps to move our hands. This beautiful multicolored stress putty is a glorious way to relieve stress and reduce anxiety.
- Sweet squishies: these are upgraded stress balls. Adorable little squishies feature bright colors, fun characters and maximum squeezability. They’re very satisfying and super-cute.
- Fun fairy lights: when we’re feeling low, it can be hard to find the light. These small battery-operated fairy lights are a lovely way for you to light up their day and remind them that you’re thinking of them.
- Velvet pouch: the care package comes in a soft velvet pouch that can hold everything in one place for anytime access.
We hear from parents and loved ones every day who are trying to support someone who is in recovery or helping someone recovery. In these situations, anxiety is high, and it can be hard to know what to do.
Of course, the first thing you should do is create a safe emotional space in which your person can talk about what they are going through. But sometimes you want to do a little bit more, and the Sending Love Care Package is a great way to do that.