More-Love.org will be happy to consider you as a guest contributor. Some topics you may want to write about are:
- Body image
- Disordered eating
- Eating disorders
- Eating disorder recovery
- Health at Every Size
- Intuitive Eating
- Non-diet approach
- Mental healthcare
- Social justice topics such as feminism, fat acceptance, etc.
- My Story: your personal eating disorder recovery story, and what you wish parents knew about eating disorders
- Interview With Professionals: we regularly interview therapists, nutritionists and coaches regarding the topics above
Send us a Pitch!
If you’re interested, please send an email using our Contact page. We can discuss your concept and help you outline your article before you write it.
Our audience is parents who have kids who have body hate, disordered eating, and eating disorders. Our message to parents is that parenting kids through these problems is difficult, but it can be done. It take effort, but knowledge and support helps.
What we are looking for
We are interested in your expertise on these topics. What do you wish parents knew about body hate, disordered eating, and eating disorders? We’re looking for articles that lovingly present information that will help parents navigate issues related to food, body and emotional health. Articles must be respectful of the challenges of parenting, and not blame parents for their past behavior. Please review our site before pitching your story and make sure that we are a fit for your message. We’re not for everyone!
What we are not looking for
- No articles that promote intentional weight loss of any type.
- No specific weight numbers, calorie numbers, or other measurements that may be triggering for the eating disorder community
- No articles that glorify eating disorder behaviors
- No articles that promote yourself or your business. We’ll definitely add your bio and a link to your page, but the article can’t be all about you and what you do
- No affiliate links in your article
- No previously-published articles. Your article must be completely unique for our website and not copied and pasted from another publication.
- No plagiarism. We will check the web to ensure your content is not plagiarized.
We need your article to be unique for our site. This means you can’t re-use content that you’ve published elsewhere. Also, once you’ve published it here, please don’t publish it elsewhere. Google and other search engines really don’t like duplicate content.
Minimum: 800 words / Ideal: 1200-1500 words
We will list your name under the title of your article. We will publish a short bio at the end of your article, with a photo and a link to your website (if available).
Whenever possible, please add hyperlinks and references to anything you think needs backup.
We will edit your content to fit our content guidelines and to meet search engine optimization goals. We will provide you with a final draft for your approval before we publish your article. You have the option to resubmit or refuse publication if you do not like our edits.