At More-Love.org we support a non-diet approach to parenting. We have created a library of scientific research to support this approach because we believe that it is the healthiest way to raise children.
- It is physically healthier to never diet than it is to pursue weight loss for any reason
- It is emotionally healthier to not try and control body weight for any reason
- Intentional weight loss (diets) lead to weight gain
- All diets are behaviorally considered disordered eating
- Intentional weight loss (diets) lead to eating disorders and disordered eating
- A diet mentality/diet culture leads to body dissatisfaction and body hate
- A non-diet, Health at Every Size approach has been scientifically proven to have significant health benefits
The science to support the claims above can all be found in our library of scientific research to support a non-diet, Health at Every Size approach to parenting.