At More-Love.org we support a non-diet approach to parenting. We have created a library of scientific research to support this approach because we believe that it is the healthiest way to raise children.
- It is physically healthier to never diet than it is to pursue weight loss for any reason
- It is emotionally healthier to not try and control body weight for any reason
- Intentional weight loss (diets) lead to weight gain
- All diets are behaviorally considered disordered eating
- Intentional weight loss (diets) lead to eating disorders and disordered eating
- A diet mentality/diet culture leads to body dissatisfaction and body hate
- A non-diet, Health At Every SizeⓇ-aligned approach has been scientifically proven to have significant health benefits
The science to support the claims above can all be found in our library of scientific research to support a non-diet approach to parenting.